BeHear NOW: Digital Personal Hearing Amplifier for Mild-to-Moderate Hearing Loss
Hearing amplifier for live conversations, mobile calls, and streamed audio
Unlike other headphones on the market, BeHear designed its $249.99 Wear and Hear headphones to meet personal hearing needs through advanced profiling and customization. BeHear NOW can be tuned to address your specific hearing capabilities for all applications, such as voice communication via mobile phone, listening to music, etc.
BeHear NOW offers a personalized BT stereo headset that provides enhancement for all-around hearing (for phone calls, audio play and ambient hearing), as well as assistive listening functionality. The accompanying app steps up configuration options with configuration control over vibration feedback and defaults settings.
Wear and Hear headphones are not designed as a medical devices or designed as hearing aids. But they do use related technology that amplifies ambient sounds. BeHear® NOW headphones help people hear better. Its built-in microphones aim to help you hear nearby conversation more easily, while BT means you can pair it to your smartphone for phone calls, or stream your favorite music tracks.
In some situations, such as when people are talking fast, or when someone speaks in a foreign language not well-known to the listener, the EasyListen™ technology slows down the incoming voice stream to help make it more comprehensible.
Achieve a better listening experience, but a personal one tailored to your hearing profile. The Wear and Hear BeHear Now app (which is downloadable for free from both the Google Play Store and the Apple Store) has a basic hearing check. This allows optimization of the headphones to your hearing capabilities. The app performs a pure-tone hearing test across a range of frequencies. It is rather similar to a hearing test that an audiologist might perform. Each ear is tested, and it takes about five minutes to complete the test. You then get to see your audiogram. This is not a substitute for a proper hearing test by an audiologist, so if you have concerns about your hearing you should get it checked out.
Customizable for Your Hearing Capabilities and Preferences
The app has settings for indoors, outdoors, in a crowd and live music, so you can select the optimum listening experience for each environment. In addition, there are four noise reduction settings, plus a 6 by 6 grid where you can play around further with the sound settings – each cell in the grid has a different sound setting (36 settings in total).
Hearing conversation in noisy places can be a challenge, especially with hearing loss. BeHear Now helps to make speech more prominent over background noise. It works best if the person speaking is no more 6 or 10 ft away. The noise reduction has 4 settings: low, normal, high and maximum. The high and maximum setting works well to screen out unwanted background noise. There is some latency, but this is noticeable only if you can hear the sound directly and through the earpiece, so you need to make sure you have a good fit with the correct sized earbuds.
The right-side of the headset controls ambient sound, while the left-side control regulates volume and handles phone calls.
Hear what’s around you.
The ListenThrough feature takes away the isolation one can feel when listening to music through the earbuds. It mixes the ambient sound picked up through the built-in microphones and mixes it music streaming. Without having to go to the app, you can adjust the volume level of the ambient sound (you can adjust the volume level on the device to increase or lower the volume level of the Music), as well as toggle ListenThrough ON and OFF.
- Designed for people with mild-to-moderate hearing loss
- In ear, neckband form factor – comfortable to wear and lightweight
- 24 combinations of comfortable silicone earbuds and ear hooks
- Self-tuned, Personalized amplification
- Amplifies only the frequencies where you need a boost
- 4 different preset hearing modes and dedicated app
- Developed by experienced sound engineers and certified audiologist
- Professional Grade Components – Integrated high-performance Digital Signal Processor, 4 ultra-low noise microphone for advanced noise reduction, 13mm hi-fi speaker drivers for uncompromised sound quality, Qualcomm aptX low latency BT audio streaming technology
- Class II BT
- Audio streaming from BT devices - TV, laptop, tablet
- Maximum gain: ~43 dB
- Frequency range (Hz): 70-12,000
- Measured according to ANSI S3.22-2009, an American standard for the specification of hearing aid characteristics
- Minimum iOS version for app: iOS 9 and up
- Minimum Android version for app: Android 4.4 and up
- Package Dimensions: 7 X 3.96 X 2.1 inches
- Weight: 1.06 Ounces
- Batteries: 1 Lithium batteries required (included)
- Battery life: Rechargeable for up to 12 hours of use
- Includes: Headphones, sturdy carry case, USB charging cable, various sized ear buds, silicone ear hooks (3 pairs), wind protection covers (2 pairs) and quick start guide.
- 1-year warranty, and customer support by phone or email